17 March 2011
I know its an unusual time to do a 'favourites' style blog post. BUT there are so many things I am loving right now I just couldn't wait until the end of the month to tell you all! This month i have had virtually no money due to a phone breakage and have had to make do with what I already own (not a hard task I know) and not go out and buy anything! so here is everything I love right now!
1. Brown satchel bag - New Look £25
I LOVE THIS BAG! it is gorgeous, i love the reddish/brown colour and the fact its one of the only satchels i have found which i could carry on my arm! its very very roomy and is ideal for everyday!
2.The Undomestic Goddess - Sophie Kinsella (borrowed)
This book is one of those typical girly books about a romance... which I love! it was a bit slow to start but a few chapters in and I just wanted to carry on reading and not put it down! even if it is slightly predictable!
3. Grey Ankle Boots - New Look £10 (sale)
I was looking for a pair of boots like this for ages, and none of them that i tried on seemed to look right until I tried these on, and at £10 what a steal.
4.MUA lipstick in shade 7 - superdrug £1
It is a gorgeous vibrant coral pink colour, i have been looking for one of these for ages, who would of thought I would find an ideal one in the MUA section of superdrug!
5. Maybelline Lash Stilletto Mascara (present)
I have naturally long eyelashes so a lengthening mascara doesn't normally make too much difference but i love the volumizing effect, even though thats not what it's aimed at, it just gives me lovely lashes!
6.Max Factor sample lipgloss 'Vibrant Curve Effect' in Majeste
This lipgloss has absolutely no staying power whatsoever, and the special wand its advertised with is no different to any other lipgloss BUT I do love the colour!
7.collection 2000 Hot Looks Nail Polish in Parma Violet (present)
This is always on my nails (saying that it isn't right now) but these nail varnishes are excellent quality or their price and this colour is a fabulous purple/navy and I love layering my Barry M Pink Iridescent over the top!
8. ELF eye brightening quad in Blue Moon - ELF website £1.50
This is One of my favourite quads from ELF, i love the pigmentation and the fact they are such everyday colours. the two darker colours are matte, and the two lighter colours are slightly shimmery (the cream colour is an excellent highlight!)
Not buying make-up this past month has definitely allowed me to find some hidden treasures in my small but growing make-up collection :)
13 March 2011
This is the Bourjois' latest foundation (as far as I'm aware) and I have been meaning to try one for ages, and as soon as I saw it was 'healthy' for my skin I was sold!claiming to detoxify your skin by being anti-pollutant, and containing chlorophyll (found in plants) to bring in oxygen I was a bit wary but i bought it anyway and this is what i found...
What I love about this foundation:
- It makes my skin look amazing!
- The shades are very true to skin tones (not too orange/pink/yellow)
- I like to believe it is the reason my skin has improved and is the clearest it has been in a while
- Buildable coverage
What I dislike about this foundation:
- It is a weird consistency for a liquid and dries very quickly
- I can't apply it with my fingers properly
- I have to use a pump and a half-2 pumps which means it will go quickly (and its not that cheap)
Overall the pro's outweigh the con's and it is currently my go-to foundation daily!
If anyone has any foundations they recommend for combination skin with good coverage comment below...
6 March 2011
Last night i decided to do a bit of baking, and its safe to say anything i attempt to cook normally turns out disastrous! HOWEVER last night's cakes turned out rather nice (if i do say so myself) sorry about the picture quality, I took them on my Ipod...
Butterfly Cakes Recipe
To Make 12 cakes:
115g caster sugar
115g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs, beaten
4 tsp milk
1. Preheat the over to 190oC/ 375oF/Gas Mark 5
2. sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl, then add the butter,
eggs, sugar and milk and mix thoroughly.
3. divide the mixture equally among the cases and bake for 15-20 minutes. Leave to cool.
To Make the Buttercream:
115g Icing Sugar
4.Beat well until smooth and creamy add extra butter/icing sugar to taste.
5. when the cakes are cooled down cut a circle from the top of each cake and cut the circle in half.
6. spoon buttercream onto the cake and then press the two halves on top.
7. dust the cakes with icing sugar (or edible glitter if you have any)
...and your cakes will be made!