Last night i decided to do a bit of baking, and its safe to say anything i attempt to cook normally turns out disastrous! HOWEVER last night's cakes turned out rather nice (if i do say so myself) sorry about the picture quality, I took them on my Ipod...
Butterfly Cakes Recipe
To Make 12 cakes:
115g caster sugar
115g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs, beaten
4 tsp milk
1. Preheat the over to 190oC/ 375oF/Gas Mark 5
2. sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl, then add the butter,
eggs, sugar and milk and mix thoroughly.
3. divide the mixture equally among the cases and bake for 15-20 minutes. Leave to cool.
To Make the Buttercream:
115g Icing Sugar
4.Beat well until smooth and creamy add extra butter/icing sugar to taste.
5. when the cakes are cooled down cut a circle from the top of each cake and cut the circle in half.
6. spoon buttercream onto the cake and then press the two halves on top.
7. dust the cakes with icing sugar (or edible glitter if you have any)
...and your cakes will be made!