8 April 2011

The Body Shop - Palettes

For christmas I was given a Body shop palette in twlight, my sister also got one which she has given to me but I don't know what its called. When I opened these I was so excited to use them! I had high expectations because I knew that they wouldn't of been cheap. however, when it came to using them I was quite dissapointed. The eyeshadows are extremely crumbly and chunky and the more matte colours have hardly any pigmentation. The highlighters that come in both .. which claim to be 'cream' are anything but. they come out like quite big particles of glitter.. I wore one one day and my friend told me I looked like I was going to a rave with all the glitter on my face.

The twilight Palette:

The colours in this palette are:

violet sky         damson velvet
                                                                                     pearl cream highlighter
lilac mist           pink champage

My favourite colour in this palette is pink champagne.. although it is rather shimmery, I love wearing it as a lid colour, the rest of these have gone virtually untouched. 

 The Other Palette:


The colours in this Palette:

Starry Night     Pink Light
                                                                                  Lunar Cream Highlighter
Bronze blaze     Silver

My first criticism with this palette are the names, Bronze Blaze is more of an orange with slight shimmer, and Silver appears to be a frosty blue. Apart from starry night all these eyeshadows are very chunky and have to blended extremely well. I was so excited to use starry night because it looked beautiful (matte black with silver glitter) however I was wrong again. the black blends out to virtually nothing, leaving you with silver glitter. the cream highlighter was another let down. I thought this one would be better because it seems more gold toned, however again all you are left with is glitter on your face.  


The only upside to these products is their packaging is nice (if not a little big) and the mirror is a decent size. the only time I really reach for these products is to use the mirror. This has definatley put me off buying any body shop make-up in the future without serious research into it.  I hate putting products down but this was just such a let down and I'm glad I didn't buy them with my own money! 

Until next time.. Laura x





No comments:

Post a Comment